With your sponsored child being half way across the world, living in a completely different culture and context, it can be hard to know what to say to encourage them. To help you, we’ve put together a list of 10 things your sponsored child needs to hear in your next few letters.
Your financial support is crucial to helping your sponsored child to break free from the chains of poverty. So too are the words you speak to them, helping them to overcome the apathy and fatalism of poverty. It’s easy to assume that our letters don’t make much of a difference, but your words have the ability to speak life into a child’s life.
It’s also a biblical principle. In Proverbs 18:21 it says,
“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Here is a list of 10 things your sponsored child desperately needs to hear in your letters (in no specific order):
1. You are so important to God
2. There is a reason why you are in this world
3. Your future is better than today
4. You are loved by me
5. God loves you (and tell them the gospel of Jesus Christ)
6. God has a plan for your life
7. Follow your dreams
8. I am praying for you and your family
9. I love reading your letters
10. You are a very important person to your community
What do you normally write to encourage your sponsored child? Help us add to this list.